Do you love camping as much as I do? If you’re lucky enough to own a camping trailer for all those weekend wilderness getaways, you know it can be tricky keeping it organized. Today I have some great tips to keep your camping trailer organized for each and every trip. An organized camping trailer equals more relaxed camping getaways. And that’s what we all want!
Tips To Keep Your Camping Trailer Organized
We all know what clutter does to your home. It also makes a camping trailer even more of a cramped living space–and that’s definitely not any fun. For the most enjoyable camping weekends, here are some tips to keep your camping trailer organized.
- Continually assess and reassess what you’re storing in your camping trailer. After each camping trip, take a good look at what you brought. Did you use it? Do you need to keep storing it and carrying it around? Maybe not, and if not, get rid of it.
- Decide on an exact spot to store everything you keep in your camping trailer. And that means everything! “A place for everything and everything in its place” is really important, especially in tight spaces like a camping trailer.
- Another good organization rule to live by at home and in your camping trailer is the “one in, one out” rule. If you buy a new sleeping bag to replace an older one, toss out the old one. Don’t just add the new one to the trailer and take up more of the valuable storage space you need.
More Tips To Keep Your Trailer Organized
- How can you pick up more usable space in your trailer? If you haven’t done so already, add lots and lots of hooks to your camping trailer! This can be as easy as purchasing some Command Hooks from Amazon. Hooks give you so many more places to organize your stuff.
- Use plastic storage containers with secure lids for all the foodstuffs you store inside your camping trailer. And if they’re clear, you can see what’s in them at a glance. Not only do they help keep your camping trailer cabinets organized, they keep mice and other critters out of your food.
- Get a bedside caddy for the beds. These provide great extra storage space for those nighttime essentials.
- Camping trailers are known for tiny kitchens. Check out my post for more ideas for organizing a tiny kitchen.
Do you have any other tips to keep your camping trailer organized? Please share with our readers in the comments!