Spring cleaning ideas aren’t just for the inside of your house! Today we have spring cleaning ideas for the outside of your house. The outside of your home can take a beating during the rest of the year, so your exterior and outdoor living furniture benefit from a good cleaning. It’s the perfect time of year to get ready for all your outdoor barbecues, entertaining, and family adventures.
Spring cleaning ideas for outside
- It’s usually pretty obvious that the outside of your windows need a good cleaning once winter is over. Be sure to remove any window screens first. Hose the screens off to remove dust and debris. Here are some hacks to help you achieve the cleanest windows ever!
- Your children’s play equipment, such as slides and swings, all benefit from a good cleaning before they start playing on them again. A mixture of bleach and water is a great solution to use–it disinfects and cleans all at once. After you use a bleach solution, let the equipment thoroughly air dry. Once it has dried thoroughly it is safe for play.
- Do you enjoy feeding the birds? It’s recommended that bird feeders be cleaned twice per year. Spring and fall are the best times to do it. Remove all seed remaining from the winter and wash the feeder in hot, soapy water. Thoroughly air dry, then refill and re-hang.
- A power washer is our best tip for spring cleaning ideas for the outside of your house. A power washer helps you clean your patio, deck, siding, and more. If your patio furniture is made of sturdy metal, you can also use the power washer to hose it all down. Another thing for your power washer? Those smelly trash cans!
- Patio furniture made of wicker, glass, or water-resistant fabrics should be washed by hand. Just grab a bucket of warm water and some dishwashing soap. Use a sponge to wipe down all the surfaces and remove dirt and grime. Get a fresh bucket of water–or two–and use it to rinse away all signs of suds once you’re finished cleaning.
With these simple spring cleaning ideas for the outside of your home, you are ready to enjoy the warm weather all spring and summer long!