Before the holiday travel season begins, make sure you’re ready with 5 things that help organize your car for holiday travel. An organized car that stays organized during your travel is an important way to travel safely, and with less stress! Here are the 5 things you need.
5 Things To Help Organize Your Car For Holiday Travel
When it’s time for holiday travel–including that road trip to Grandma’s–an organized car is essential. Not only is it more efficient to a place for everything, it’s safer. Loose items rolling around the floor of your car are a safety hazard. Here’s how to organize your car before your trip, and keep it that way.
1. Number one is an essential rule for all road trips you take. Whatever you carry out to the car, make sure you carry it back in. Whether that’s at hotel stops along the way or when you arrive at your final destination, keep track of everything. If you have kids who are old enough, put them in charge of their own stuff. It’s no fun discovering that something important was left in your last hotel room!
2. For holiday travel in the car, a leak-proof car wastebasket is a must! Plan to empty the wastebasket at the end of each travel day, or at each rest stop if necessary. A car wastebasket keeps a lot of car clutter under control. This one loops around the driver’s or front passenger’s head rest and keeps it conveniently in place throughout your trip.
3. A console organizer is incredibly helpful for car organization any time of year. But if you don’t have one and you’re headed for holiday travel, this is definitely an investment worth making beforehand. This one is designed for the front seat of any car, and has tons of handy pockets for all your travel necessities.
4. The Fortem Car Trunk Organizer is an Amazon’s Editor’s Choice product. It is waterproof, the bottom is non-slip, and it has straps to secure it while traveling. The cover is foldable and removable. A trunk organizer is great for holiday travel because you can stock it with the items you need to carry in and out of hotel rooms for easier transport.
5. Backseat Car Organizers are another must-have for road trips, especially if you have kids. Use these to carry and organize all the kids’ travel needs, snacks and entertainment items during your travel. Once you try them, you’ll never be without them again!
Now you’re ready to organize your car and keep it organized throughout your holiday road trip. Are you traveling via air? Check out our travel organization tips from a flight attendant.