Have you planned your next family vacation yet? I know it can be really overwhelming, not to mention a time-consuming task! Thankfully there are helpful organization tips you can apply to the task to make it much easier. Let’s look at tips to help you organize your family vacation. Before you know it, you’ll be having all the fun!
Tips To Help You Organize Your Family Vacation
Why should you take time to organize your family vacation? Because just like anything else, disorganization only leads to more stress and frustration. If you want a fun, relaxing and stress-free vacation, you need to organize it before you head out. Here’s what to do:
- Set up a central place for all things vacation-related. Whether that’s a vacation app in your smart phone, or a file folder with your itinerary and important papers is up to you. Just make it something that works for you. Be sure to include packing lists for adults and children in your family! If you need app suggestions, try TripIt or Google Trips.
- One of those things that tends to be forgotten in family vacation planning is all the stuff that needs to be done before you go. This includes things like putting a stop on the mail delivery, setting up pet care, and arranging for someone to water the garden. Make sure that all the little necessary things you take care of every day are covered for the time you’ll be away. This type of vacation organization is what leads to a worry-free time away.
- Once you start to prepare for packing, set aside an area in your home where you can collect the necessary items everyone needs. This includes boarding passes, cruise docs, travel-size toiletries, and other personal care items for each member of the family.
- Pack as light as possible! Lighter is always better. Some experts suggest laying out all the clothing for each family member, and then putting away half of them before you pack the rest. Seriously, how many times have you packed a ton of outfits and only worn a few of them? Remember that when packing. Make time to sit down with the kids and help them organize their own suitcases.
- If your family likes to collect t-shirts from the places you visit, plan for this when you pack. Wear these along the way, and pack even less.
- Don’t forget to pack everyone’s favorite snacks. Whether you’re flying or driving, snacks go a long way toward keeping everyone happy. Especially the kids!
- Organize a souvenir budget before you leave. This prevents overspending when you’re gone!
Once you organize your family vacation, it’s time to go. And because you’re more organized, you get to relax and enjoy!
Resource: Organized Home Travel Tips